Typical

And we were really looking forward to the Creative Peninsula event in Conway Square tomorrow too.

Its absolutely glorious outside today, the sun is shining, the grass is drying out and the temperature is perfect. However, I've just checked the forecast for tomorrow and it's to rain. All. Day. Long.

Toots is going stir crazy at the minute being couped up around the house. Don't get me wrong, even if the weather's a bit miserable we still play in the garden or go for a walk reasonably close to home, because there's little more fun to be had than having to carry a drenched four year old more than a mile home in the pouring rain. I try to keep her as busy and occupied as I can while we're at home but the poor child just needs to stretch her legs, to get outside and run like the clappers.

I was kind of banking on tomorrow to pick her up a bit. Admittedly, it isn't going to be a hopping, skipping, jumping kind of day but she'll be able to take part in loads of arts and crafts like painting and pottery to name a couple of things. I'm not hugely concerned about rain to be honestly as I can always put her wellies and raincoat on and just bring an empty bag to lug around the wets while we're in the tents, but if the wind picks up then I'm worries they may have to cancel the event.

Roll on school term is all I can say. At least then Toots will have something everyday to enjoy and she'll be back in the company of other kids on a daily basis which I know for a fact she has missed terribly since leaving daycare. I just hope the teachers can keep up with her.

In the meantime, I'll organise a bag tonight with a spare empty one tucked in and our raincoats and just hope for the best tomorrow because come hell or high water, I need to get this child away from the house for more than an hour.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I know all about caged tigers! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

    There is a special award on my blog - if you're interested?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to go to the zoo last weekend (with some Polish visitors to my work) but had to bail because of the rain.

    We've stopped telling our daughter of the plan for the weekend because of how much rain we've gotten; we don't want her to be disappointed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just saw an article on your zine on the Artists in Business blog. I was wondering if you are looking for more writers. I'm currently finishing my dual degrees in art and creative writing and have recently opened my own etsy shop and personal business. I'm very much interested in broadening my writing base. Currently I've written a few freelance articles for state travel magazines, a local alternative newspaper, and an Indie Styl magazine. Please let me know at all if you are interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the day :)

    Look on the bright side - there will be few queues if everyone is soggy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.