Menu Plan Monday 23/3 to 29/3


Menu Plan Monday again.

Its Love Beef Week here in Northern Ireland so I'll try to incorporate as much as I can. Luckily I still have some cuts of beef in the freezer so this shouldn't be a problem.

The weather has definitely been a lot kinder here lately so as usual Toots and I will get out of the house as often as possible, because of this a lot of our lunches will consist of sandwiches, soup and any leftovers which I can reheat on my mine gas stove while we're out. I'm hoping for a trip or two to the coast this week.

Monday

We'll have leftovers from the barbecue today. There's a mountain of salad and chicken, so we'll have that. No sense it going to waste.

Tuesday

Crockpot lasagna. Again I'm hoping to be out today so this is something I can put on in the morning and not have to worry about it.

Wednesday

Meatball subs. I'll make some mini meatballs and again throw them in the crockpot with tomato sauce and all I have to do tonight is add bread and cheese.

Thursday

I'm going to try taco soup. I see recipes for it everywhere and it sounds interesting. The recipes seem to be a very personal thing, with everyone making it their own way, but I'm going to use Annie's recipe because I've never went wrong using her recipes before. The crockpot might get used again today (I'm being a bit lazy this week, but it just makes dinner too easy).

Friday

Steak and chips. A nice easy treat for the husband. There are definitely a couple of sirloins in the back of that freezer somewhere.

Saturday

Ok I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this, but you'll see it come up again in the future, trust me. Plus I'm sure we've all done the same thing.

Mystery meat surprise. Yep, I've thrown something in the freezer at some point wrapped in foil in a freezer bag with no label on it whatsoever. I have no idea what is in there, so I'll defrost it on Friday night so that I can spend Saturday thinking about what the hell to do with it.

Sunday

Pork fillet with potatoes and vegetables. I think I'll just roast the pork fillet but don't put it past me to just throw it in that crockpot.

Baking

Bread, but then you knew that.
Fifteens
Vanilla cupcakes using my simple sponge
Easter baskets. I'll post a recipe for this later in the week.


3 comments:

  1. Yumm!

    I am just contemplating the contents of my freezer and waiting for inspiration.

    Due to the appliances being replaced when we get our new kitchen, I need to use up as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't crockpots the best things ever! So easy, just chuck it in and walk away, my kind of cooking!

    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love to have a gas stove. Oh well, maybe we'll get one on our next move.
    Your menu sounds delicious.
    I'm just waiting on my coffee to finish brewing. You have a terrific week.
    Happy MPM.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.