Sweet Chilli and Pepper Salsa


This recipe has been taken from The Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver. It's one of my favourites and it just reminds me of Summer, even on those cold drizzly wet days.

2 roasted red peppers (from a jar)

1/2 red onion
4 large red chillis
1/2 clove garlic
8 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
a bunch of parsley
a bunch of basil
salt and pepper.

The recipe calls for all these ingredients to be finely chopped, mixed together, seasoned and left for hour before serving. Usually I throw all the ingredients except the peppers in a blender and pulse until finely chopped and then add the peppers and give it oe more quick pulse. I've eaten it straight away and it's lovely although it is far better if it gets an hour to rest before serving.

Serve with chips, thinly sliced bread, celery (if you're that way inclined) or anything you fancy.

And for more great game day recipes visit Jenn over at Frugal Upstate.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Thanks for including this in the game day snacks roundup http://tinyurl.com/3r44nc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, now my husband would love your recipe!

    I never thought about peppermint patties (for the brownies) being a regional thing. I'm sure the decadent andes mints will work quite well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.