I've always wanted a pet

Question...If it lives in your house and eats your food then, by definition, is it a pet?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a mouse, and it seems he here to stay.

We've set the usual traps, loaded up with yummy chocolate. He eats the chocolate and never springs the trap.

Now I'm left with the thought, is it this little guy. Too tiny and delicate to spring the traps. Another question...if it is this little guy do I want him getting caught in a trap. He is rather cute, no?

He'll have to leave the house one way or the other. Those things carry god only knows what and I certainly don't know where he's been.

So it looks like we're going to have to fatten him up if we're to have any hope of catching him in the trap.

On the other hand it could be a huge great thing and he's just lifting the traps up and chowing down on our chocolate before setting the traps back where we left them, but I can't even bring myself to think about that.

Anyone have any funny mouse stories?

2 comments:

  1. We had mice a lot as a kid. One time I remember two mice in a very tall garbage can eating a banana peel. I was about 5 and had just seen Cinderella - they looked just like Jack and Gus. :) Dad let them go outside.

    If you really want to trap the mouse (and I am not sure you do?) try peanut butter. They can't lift it off like cheese/chocolate, and it works really well. But you will hurt/kill the poor little guy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the peanut butter idea. There are also the kind of traps that are sticky, it might be worth a try to put the bait on a sticky trap, which might be harder to keep from getting stuck in. I hate it when mice or bugs get in the house, I hate killing them but agree they have to go because you never know what they are carrying!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.