We're all made equal

Although some of us are a little more equal than others.

I've made no bones about it in the past, I'm a big girl. I'm never going to be the wispy, floaty girl in the flowery dress dances off through a meadow of daisies. Hell, if I tried that, I'd leave crop circles!

Although it has to be said that I do carry my weight well, the boobs still stick out further than the belly and my bum hasn't gone running off down the back of thighs just yet. I'm in proportion, is what I'm saying, big ass proportions, but still, in proportion.

After years of playing hockey, football and rugby I've also been blessed with a fairly decent set of Denis the Menace calves too, which a nightmare when it comes to buying boots. Even ankle boots I've bought in the past have needed to be broken in before I can finally haul the zip right to the top.

And don't even get me started on knee boots. I don't know about where you live, but I love knee boots in Northern Ireland. Our winter's are cold and wet and icy and they go on and on and on, so I seem to spend a good four months of the year in my knee boots at the very least.

If I try going to any regular high street shop to buy boots, I'm practically laughed out the door and if I try to go somewhere aimed at your larger woman the boots feel huge, almost like I could walk out of them at any second.

Good boots have always been a real bane for me.

My husband bought me my very first pair of boots from DUO almost six years ago now and they're still in great condition. I bought myself a second pair the following year and I've never looked back.

I'm very pleased this evening because I've been accepted into DUO Boots affiliate program. I have to say that I can't sing the praises of DUO Boots enough.


Duo Boots


The boots themselves are the closest thing you'll find to made to measure boots and considering the comfort factor and the fact that I've now punished two pairs for the last six years they're very reasonably priced. Robert paid £120 for my first pair and they're still going strong six years later. Now I don't know about you, but working that out I've never been able to buy a pair of £20 boots that even survive one winter with me. I am the destroyer of boots in this house!

So far I have a pair of their Ravenna boots in black which are a brilliant pair of classic riding boots, in fact the design is so timeless and popular its still available at DUO.

I've always been a great believer in the fact that two good pairs of boots one in black and one in brown will see you through anything and so far I haven't been proved wrong.

Although I can't help but crave these beautiful Mallorca burgundy boots at the minute. I'll be saving the pennies for these little beauties.


DUO Boots offer a stunning range of shoes and boots in five width fittings and 21 (TWENTY ONE) calf width fittings. I dare you to find a pair that don't fit you like a second skin. Plus they ship to virtually anywhere worldwide, or you can always pop into one of their stores (if your jammy enough to have one handy).

3 comments:

  1. Love duo boots - but have only ever owned one pair. I bought them in their Bath shop and as I too have been blessed with chunky calves it was wonderful tovisit a shop where ALL the range could fit me

    congrats on being an affiliate for such a great company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about these, but when I looked into them they didn't come in a long enough size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look fab - but what on earth is a boot shop affiliate? it sounds life changing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.