Menu Plan Monday - Mon 8/3 to Sun 14/3



I am absolutely beyond exhausted as I write this. We're just back from a slightly manic birthday party and I've never been so glad in my life that I planned my menu on Saturday during Toots ballet class. The very thought of having to prepare a cook one meal let alone seven and lunches and baking has me ready to run for my comfy bed.

But anyway...

Monday
Lunch: Risotto. I have two packets of smoked haddock and eggs, so smoked haddock risotto with a poached egg on top.
Dinner: Beef casserole. Its already made and in the freezer so I just have to defrost it and heat.

Tuesday
Lunch: Sandwiches. We'll be out and about today, so I may pack them with a flask of tea and take them with us.
Dinner: Fishcakes (using the rest of the smoked fish), salad and dips. The rocket I planted indoors is ready to use.

Wednesday
Lunch: Omelets with bacon and cheese.
Dinner: Beef pie and chips I'll use the leftover beef casserole because there's tons.

Thursday
Lunch: Baked potatoes with beans. Nice and easy I can throw them in the oven for an hour and forget about them.
Dinner: Vegetable soup and homemade bread.

Friday
Lunch: Vegetable soup.
Dinner: The hubs and Toots will have venison and I'll have whatever leftovers are in the fridge. I don't particularly like venison but they love it.

Saturday
Lunch: Toasties. Another quickie lunch because of ballet.
Dinner: Toots is with nana so I'll make Madras Chicken with chapatis and rice. Its a bit too spicy yet for Toots.

Sunday
Lunch: Gammon, potatoes and veg.
Dinner: Homemade pizza fingers. I have a large part baked baguette to use in the freezer, I'll just top it with pasta sauce, cheese and salami.

I'm glad I already had this done or, seriously, the plan would have consisted of a lot of cheerios and rice krispies.

Need inspiration? Head over to Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

  1. You are too organised!

    We just had yummy fish cakes for tea - from M&S. I bought some treats for a recuperating husband, and for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are toasties?

    I'm impressed that you got this posted considering you are exhausted. I sit here pooped and not feeling inspired to make a plan at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the birthday party was a blast.
    Lots of good eats at your house. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through WFMW. I had to chuckle at some of this list as well. My husband grew up in the UK and my best friend is from London, so much of it is familiar to me, but it is still so strikingly different then the US. I love it.
    - Kacie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.