Menu Plan Monday March 16 to 22


Is it Monday already?



Last week's menu plan worked out pretty well.

This week I'm keeping it pretty simple. I'm determined to try to get through the huge amount of food in the freezer over the next few weeks with a few fresh meals chucked in to break it up a bit.

Monday
Lunch: leftover gammon sandwiches maybe with some salad.
Dinner: chicken fajitas with salad.

I'll also make a big pot of homemade vegetable soup tonight for tomorrow.



Just chop up some leaks, carrots, soup celery and curly parsley, throw it in a big pot along with a few handfuls of pearl barley, red & green lentils and yellow spilt peas, cover with chicken or vegetable stock and leave to simmer until barley and lentils are tender.

Tuesday
Lunch: We'll be out for much of today so I'll pack a lunch of some sandwiches, cake, tea and fruit juice perhaps with a few other bits and pieces thrown in for snacks.
Dinner: We'll have the vegetable soup with homemade wheaten bread to add a bit of stodge for the hard working husband.

Wednesday
Lunch: leftover wheaten bread with scrambled eggs and ham.
Dinner: Toots is with Nana so I'll throw some ribs in the crockpot in the morning for the hubs and I'll have either a salad or I'll just clean out the fridge. (Thanks to SciFi Dad and the beautiful google bubble I won't forget the ribs this time).

Thursday
Lunch: Again, weather depending we'll be out and about. The plan is to head to Paint and Glaze in Bangor so we may have lunch at La Princess.
Dinner: Mushroom and cheese risotto with thick slices of toasted bread.

Friday
Lunch: Tomato and pasta soup with some cheese sticks.
Dinner: Pizza. I'm reverting back to my old habits.

Saturday
Lunch: Ballet today so a quick lunch of leftovers or sandwiches. Maybe eggs?
Dinner: Grilled whole trout with salad and tomatoes.

Sunday
We'll be barbecuing today so it will just be one long day of grazing. So much for that diet.

Baking

Soda bread
Wheaten bread
My regular homemade bread
Shillelagh cookies (which I will post at some stage this week)
And Scottish Shortbread



If you'd like to see more menu plans, head over to $5 Dinners.

1 comment:

  1. Those Scottish Shotbreads look delicious.
    Tuesday is my day off and I enjoy setting some time aside to visit MPM bloggers.
    Thanks for providing some inspiration for future menu plans. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.