As Promised

Here is the latest batch of feltie goodness for Chloe's upcoming birthday.


I'm particularly chuffed with the apple and the banana, if only because the banana peel is completely separate so the 'fruit' is just tucked neatly inside:)



The bacon isn't quite finished yet (for those of you with a keen eye). The front still needs to be stitched to the back, but you at least get the idea.



But please, please, please don't ask me what those little swiss roll looking things are because I haven't the faintest. I had a few strips of different coloured felt, it was late, this is the best I could come up with. I like to think of them as little sandwiches a la Fanny Craddick, but they'll end up being whatever Chloe imagines them to be.



I've had to pack away all the felt food for today, though I'll hopefully get the orange and pear I have sitting here stuffed and finished off this evening. I'm in the middle of trying to cobble together a half term holidays box for Chloe.

I had a big gift box handy from Christmas and so far I've added in a couple of new (to her) books, a couple of colouring books, some new cookie cutters (picked up in the charity shop), finger paints and bingo markers and a zip lock bag filled with scraps of felt, craft paper, feathers, sequins and who knows what else for gluing and sticking.

And I'm making a little purse kit made from craft foam, a button, a plastic needle and some pink cord. I'll basically be a little three fold purse with a button closure and will be sewn together using the pink cord, with more of the cord for a strap. I'm marking it out and will pre-punch all the 'sewing' holes for her to pass the threaded needle through rather than having to force it through the fabric.

So what do you think, do I have enough to occupy an admittedly easily bored child for a week? I'm not quite sure yet, I may have to plunder around the house for more Fun Things To Do This Week:)

4 comments:

  1. The little swiss roll thingys look like sushi to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! These look fab - lucky Chloe - hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I thought sushi too, but mostly cos I don't really know what sushi is! the drumsticks are fabulous, love the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.