Husband for sale, one good owner, full service history included


Do you remember the good old days, like Wednesday?

Wednesday was a lovely day.

Wednesday, I knew where I was going and what I was doing. I had a routine, sure it wasn't a great routine, but it worked for me.

Get up, get dressed, dress kid, drop her at nursery, go to work, come home from work, pick her up from nursery, go home, cook, clean, chill, sleep, wash rinse and repeat.

However, yesterday was a little different, it went, the usual, the usual, the usual, come home from work, pick up the child from nursery, get mugged, go home, freak out........etc.

Now if you ever think about getting mugged, you imagine some shifty looking bloke, probably lurking in dark corners just waiting for you.

It shouldn't come in the form of a relatively innocuous looking sheet of paper containing the emblem of your daughter's nursery and the words........."continually increasing overheads"............."necessary price increase"............."from £120.00 per week to £170.00 per week"........WTF?

Can you wait whilst I pluck £50 notes from thin air, this might take a while, pull up a chair.

Financially we're stretched to our limit as it is and I just can't think of any possible way to afford anywhere between £200 and £250 extra a month. I've been over a thousand different possibilities in my head between last night and this morning and I keep coming back to a single realisation.

I'll have to come out of work.

But can I afford to come out of work?

Can I actually manage to do a good job of looking after my daughter full time, or will I make a complete pigs ear of it?

I just feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's blatantly obvious I can't afford the new fees, but at the same time can we actually get by without the extra £300 a month I'm left with after the current fees are paid?

I could try to get a part time job in the evening or at night, but they're so few and far between at the minute and I see little enough of the kid as it is. Do I really want her thinking of mommy as the voice that tells her goodnight over the phone?

I could sell or rent the hubby. He's very good for garden work.

It would be so easy to just stick my head in the sand and hope everything will just work itself out. Maybe the bank manager won't mind my account dropping into the red by £250 every month.

I wish it was Wednesday again.

3 comments:

  1. AAArrghhh! Horrible news for you.

    Hope you manage to sort something out.

    When faced with a similar decision, I left work. For me/us it has worked out great, but I know it is not right for everyone.

    I have lots of digital scrapbooking links if you ever want to dabble in digi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you are able to figure an arrangement out that everyone is happy and comfortable with.

    {{hugs}}
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bad news! That's a HUGE increase in daycare fees. According to your numbers, you'd basically have to double your income! Wow!

    I'm sure you'll do fine with your daughter at home. The harder part may be figuring out how to save the equivalent of what you're earning now.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.