|Click to Enlarge|
- You'll need red and white ribbon in your preferred width, I've used 3/4 inch, and elastic a little bit narrower than your ribbon. I've used a 1/2 inch elastic.
- Cut your ribbon into half meter lengths and carefully melt the ends with a match or lighter* to prevent fraying.
- Cut a 2 inch length of elastic for each ribbon and again carefully melt the ends. You'll end up with a little singe on these, its just the nature of the material don't worry about it. Fold each length of ribbon in half and use your fingernail to crease the centre.
- Measure 2 inches out from the centre crease of your ribbon and, folding the end of the elastic under slightly, pin the elastic in place at each end.
- Place one end of the elastic under your machine foot and secure in place with a bar stitch.
- Stretch the elastic out in front of your presser foot and with a long stitch length, zig zag stitch to the far end and add another bar stitch to secure. Trim threads.
- The elastic will gather the ribbon a little.
- Make as many ribbons as you need in whatever colours you happen to need. These will work just as well for things like Irish dancing, gymnastics, whenever you happen to need a ribbon for your girl's hair.
New in today
|Kindle Case in Harlequin Aviary|
|Kindle Case in Kingfisher|
|Kindle Case in Red and Grey|