Frugal Finds

I love a good old plunder around charity shops, though if I'm honest I'm rarely very lucky where greats find are concerned.

For instance, I've yet to find the bin bag stuffed with vintage Laura Ashley fabric for a tenner, nor have I come across the shoe box stuffed with great granny's buttons for a quid. It just doesn't happen to me.

But occasionally I do find some real gems, especially on days when Robert has been abandoned very kindly offered to stay at home with Chloe while I go a rummaging.

On Saturday I snaffled these lovely patchwork pillow cases out from under somebody else. A lad had been looking at them and had hung them back on the rail again, but I could see her mulling it over so as soon as she turned her back I grabbed them.



Not very nice of me I know, but you snooze you loose:)



I do have a thing for the flowers, don't I.

I've also been keeping my eye out for a summer quilt or blanket for Chloe's bed. During the Summer the front of our house is baked by the sun for most of the day and Chloe's room is at the front of the house. It's not a problem if we're just pottering around the house and in the garden because I have all the windows open, but if we've spent the day at the beach and arrive home at about 6pm the heat in her can be powerful and by that time opening all the windows is like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I found this lovely, very light quilt (I've said before I don't do ironing, don't you judge me). It's a very pale yellow with little feather prints all over it. She really loves it and I'm hoping that because it is slightly satiny (not a word) when she turns over in bed the quilt should just stay on top of her rather than getting tangled around her and making her sweat.



Well, I hope so anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Cute finds! I don't do ironing, either, unless I absolutely have to. This is why I live mostly in jeans, t-shirts and sweaters.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.