Shhh, come closer

Keep it to yourself, but I've finished Chloe's birthday present with a whole two weeks to spare.

I know I'm supposed to be a big girl now, all grown up and what not, but I really just want to sit down and play with it myself:)



And before anybody points it out, I get that there probably shouldn't be an ice cream cone in a picnic basket, it would melt! But I don't care.



I'm particularly chuffed with the 'basket' which doubles as a mini picnic blanket too.



I was even very clever (forethought and everything) when I was making it and used organza ribbon for the corner ties instead of the matching fabric ties I'd originally planned when I thought about it.

I mean, we all know that the navy and other big burly knot tying blokes are secretly trained by five year olds so I figured that ribbon with just enough texture to stay in a bow, but slippery enough for me to be able to work out the knots Chloe will no doubt tie in them was the perfect choice.



The only question now is do I wrap it up and stash it out of the way until her birthday, or do I hide it as is in case I think of anything else to add to it?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky Chloe, that's lovely ! How old this time ,7 ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh this is spectacular!!! LOVE IT!! I would love to come over for a play date - anytime...! Of course ice cream & picnic baskets go together really - I know that - hee hee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats just amazing, I would have loved that as a little girl. Well done xb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is fantastic. I am sure she is going to love it and have many an enjoyable hour playing with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing. Seriously brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she will LOVE IT! What a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.