Some assembly required

Well there's no getting away from it now. This morning I provisionally booked and paid the deposit for our holiday in the Summer.

Yup, we're going camping! We finally decided on Ross's Point near Sligo last night. Not that it was too difficult a decision, I mean look at the place.


I haven't been camping in a long time. Put it this way, the last time I went camping the ordeal involved actual tent poles of the variety required to, you know, hold a tent up. There was no such thing as these new fangled poppy up jobbies you can get now. Not in our budget anyway.



The strange thing is that we do have camping equipment. New camping equipment! But Bob and I have never been camping together. The whole caboodle's up in the roof space. tent, sleeping bags, camp stove, camping mattresses, you name it and we have it.

And my mum does too and she's never been camping either. Does camping equipment come free with houses or something or is it just one of those things that people accumulate over the years without ever realising it? Or is this some weird phenomenon specific to my family?



Well whatever the reason, it will all find itself put to good use this Summer.

Hmm, three people huddled in a tent and one of them will be a five year old. This could be fantastic or it could all go horribly, horribly wrong.

5 comments:

  1. you made me realize that I we have a tent that is still in the original packaging also. We have never opened it. I think that we will go camping this year as well. I only wish we could go camping in sligo...but we will have to settle for New England as trip across the pond is not in the budget this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This could be fantastic or it could all go horribly, horribly wrong."

    Trust me...it will be both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a gorgeous locale. I'm sure you'll all love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you'll not be far from Strandhill and the seaweed baths! It'll be ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me laugh as we still have a tent in its packaging too! We bought a new family tent when our son was born and still haven't used it yet!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.