Intro

I've decided to blog. I'm told I have a fair amount to say for myself so I thought, why not try a wider audience. There must be a lot of people out there in the blogosphere willing to listen to me ramble on......

Ok a few things about me, my family and my life.

I'm 27. I forget this fact constantly and have trouble not thinking of myself as a teenager. I am assured I will grow out of this phase eventually.

I work full time in a law firm as a secretary. I always enjoyed my job but I've slowly come to realise that I am better at home. Everything I do for my family is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the workplace in Northern Ireland is very much based on running staff down. Keeping the 99 things done well to yourself while telling everyone willing to listen about the one thing done wrong. This wasn't always the case a job used to be for life.

I prefer being at home. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the Women's Movement however I believe this to be the right to a personal choice. Given that choice I would be stay at home mom. Unfortunately this can't be the case for a few years yet.

I promised when I had my beautiful baby girl that it would not change me. It did, almost instantly and I'm not one bit sorry or apologetic about that. Toots recently turned three. She is infinitely more intelligent than me, she can talk circles around me and teaches me small lessons everyday. My daughter has a wonderful outlook on life and I love that she teaches me to look at things a little differently. I get much more enjoyment out of life now. She's perfect and I am whole heartedly convinced that she is very important, not just to me but to the world at large. I am sure that I'm not the only person to think this way about her children but I am truly convinced of it. Therefore I have to do everything to make sure she is happy and content. Lets get one thing straight from the outset. I don't think that she needs to be coming down with toys and designer clothes to be truly happy in fact quite the opposite. She gets very ratty when surrounded by too many things.

My husband, lets call him Himself, is lovely, most of the time, but then everyone has a bad day and I don't think of it as a fault in him. He is extremely supportive of me and everything I do. He also spends almost every spare waking moment with our daughter and I love him for that. I can pretty much guarantee that if toots has a bad dream Himself is the first out of bed to comfort her and he's yet to complain about a lost night's sleep.

As I've mentioned before I still find it hard not to think of myself as a teenager. I don't know everything and I'm only learning now what kind of person I am and what kind of person I want to be. This means that new things get tried and tested in our house almost everyday, as I've said my husband never complains about this he just takes it in his stride. I've tried every method of cooking so that we can sit down as a family within 20 minutes of getting home, OAMC, crockpot, nukey cooking you name it I've had a go.

I think that's possibly enough for one night. Til another time.

L.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog. :) I would love it if you mentioned my post in any of your posts!

    What an adorable picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile. I love that you stopped by.